Finally, Xiaomi unveiled the Xiaomi 12S series in China. The series consists of three devices: Xiaomi 12S, Xiaomi 12S Pro, and the Xiaomi 12S Ultra. Among them, Xiaomi 12S Ultra is the most interesting and feature-packed smartphone. Let’s have a look at the specifications, features, availability, and expected price of the Xiaomi 12S Ultra in Nepal.
Xiaomi 12S Ultra Overview
The most highlighted and interesting part of the Xiaomi 12S Ultra is its camera system as it is now co-developed with Leica. On the back side, it packs a triple camera setup. The main camera is a 50.3MP (OIS) lens from Sony with a 1-inch sensor which is the largest image sensor in any smartphone in the world right now. It has 3.2µm individual pixels and uses 4-in-in binning technology to produce 12.5MP images by default.
Xiaomi has offered two photographic styles: Lecia Authentica Look and Leica Vibrant look. The former produces a natural image while the vibrant look uses the company’s own computational photography smarts along with Leica’s aesthetics. Moreover, there are four different Leica filters: Leica Natural, Leica Vivid, Leica BW High Contrast, and Leica BW Natural.
Likewise, Xiaomi 12S Ultra has a 48MP Sony IMX586 ultrawide camera with a 1/2.0-inch camera sensor and it also works as a macro camera. The last camera is a 48MP (OIS) periscope telephoto lens that is capable of 5x optical zoom. Both lenses produce 12MP images using 4-in-1 binning technology.
Talking about videography, you can capture up to 8k videos at 24fps while you can shoot 1080p videos up to 360fps and 720p videos up to 3840fps. Likewise, it can also record Dolby Vision HDR videos at 4k and 1080p resolution.
Around the front, there is a 32MP selfie camera inside the punch hole.
Display and Design
Xiaomi 12S Ultra sports a 6.73-inch LTPO AMOLED display. It is a 10-bit panel that is capable of reproducing up to 1b colors. Likewise, the display refreshes at 120Hz and comes with a 2K resolution of 3200 x 1440 pixels. Its touch sampling rate can go up to 240Hz and its peak brightness is 1500 nits. Moreover, it supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+ content and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
The back panel of the device comes with a leather finish and is available in two color options: Fir Green and Classic Black. It is 9.06mm thick and has a 225g weight which is pretty normal for a top-notch flagship phone. Likewise, it comes with IP68 dust/water resistance and got aluminum frames.
Powering the Xiaomi 12S Ultra is the first phone to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. It is a newly announced chipset manufactured under 4nm technology that brings an octa-core CPU that can clock up to 3.2Ghz. Likewise, it features Adreno 730 GPU for handling graphics.
The cooling system includes a 3D liquid cooling mechanism and Xiaomi claims it can improve the efficiency of the phone by up to 100%. Likewise, it comes with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB storage. On the software side, it is running on Android 12 with MIUI 13 on top.
- Also Check:
- Samsung Galaxy F13 launched in Nepal
- OnePlus Mobile Price in Nepal [2022 Update]
- Ripple unveiled the Ryzen variant of the Nova Pro
Rest of the Specs
Xiaomi 12S Ultra has a 4860mAh battery and supports only 67W fast charging. At the same, the Xiaomi 12 Pro supports 120W fast wired charging. Likewise, you get support for the same 50W fast wireless charging and 10W reverse wireless charging.
The device packs an optical under-display fingerprint scanner for biometrics authentication. Its audio setup includes a stereo speakers setup tuned by Harman Kardon.
Xiaomi 12S Ultra Specifications:
- Body: 163.2 x 75 x 9.1 mm, 225g
- Display: 6.73-inch LTPO AMOLED, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 2K (3200 x 1440 pixels)
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Touch Sampling Rate: 240Hz
- Glass Protection: Gorilla Glass Victus
- Processor: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- RAM: 8/12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 256/512GB UFS 3.1
- OS & UI: Android 12, MIUI 13
- Rear Camera: Triple Cameras
- Primary: 50.3 MP, f/1.9, 1.0″-type, 1.6µm, multi-directional PDAF, Laser AF
- Ultrawide: 48 MP, f/2.2, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, Dual-Pixel PDAF
- Periscope Telephoto: 48 MP, f/4.1, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- TOF 3D
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.5, 0.7µm
- Video :
- Rear: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, 720p@3840fps, gyro-EIS, Dolby Vision HDR rec. (4K, 1080p)
- Front: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps
- Audio: Stereo Speakers
- Security: Fingeprint (Optical Under Display)
- Battery: 4860mAh
- Wired: 67W
- Wireless: 50W
- Reverse Wireless: 10W
- IP-Certification: IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins))
- Color: Fir Green, Classic Black
Xiaomi 12S Ultra Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi 12S Ultra starts at CNY 5,999 in China and goes up to CNY 6,999. The company has already confirmed the device won’t launch outside China. If it ever makes its way to Nepal, we expect the Xiaomi 12S Ultra price in Nepal to be around NPR 129,999 for the base variant.
|Xiaomi 12S Ultra||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/256GB||CNY 5,999||NPR 129,999|
|12/256GB||CNY 6,499||NPR 139,999|
|12/512GB||CNY 6,999||NPR 149,999|
Also, check Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing and Initial Impressions from Gadgets In Nepal
- iPhone 15 Pro Max Price in Nepal, Full Specs, Launch Date - September 13, 2023
- How to Choose Your Next Phone: A Comprehensive Guide - September 5, 2023
- How to Watch Asia Cup 2023 Live in Nepal? (Free Methods) - September 2, 2023