Finally, Nepal Telecom Authority (NTA) has implemented Mobile Device Management System (MDMS) in Nepal. The system is already in effect, and NTA sends SMS to all devices whose IMEI number is registered in MDMS.
Now, the mobile phones imported into Nepal without paying tax will not support SIM connectivity in Nepal. Especially, during this import band of smartphones costing over USD 300, many smartphones were imported to Nepal via the grey (unauthorized) channel.
How to Check EMI in MDMS in Nepal?
You can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the IMEI of your device is registered in MDMS or not:
- 1. At first find the IMEI number of your device. If you are using a smartphone then you can go you your setting and the about phone to find your IMEI number. Or you can dial *#06# to get the IMEI number of your handset.
- 2. Now, head over to https://mdms.nta.gov.np/ and enter your IMEI number there as we have shown above, and click the button there.
mdms.nta.gov.np is not opening?
You are not able to open mdms.nta.gov.np? It’s because the website is getting huge traffic so, the server is down. However, at the time of writing this article, the mdms.nta.gov.np is working perfectly fine. It is not working for you, wait for a few minutes or hours.
IMEI Registration for Mobile Phones in MDMS:
In order to register your mobile phones in MDMS, you can fill you the form (click here to find the form). There you have to provide different types of data like your nationality, brand name, model number, obviously IMEI number, your name, address, and so on. Likewise, you have to attach a photo of your Attachment of Citizenship or Other ID Card or Passport or Visa.
Myths of MDMS in Nepal
Here you few myths about MDMS in Nepal:
- 1. If your device is not registered in MDMS then only your device will not support carrier networks (like NTC, Ncell, smart) in Nepal.
- 2. It doesn’t mean your device will be blocked for Wi-Fi. You can easily use other networks except for cellular ones.
- 3. Also, few people are worried that the phone completely stop working but this won’t happen. It will only get blocked from using carrier networks.
- Redmi Note 12 Price in Nepal, Full Specs, Availability - March 23, 2023
- Tata Nexon EV Price in Nepal (2023): XM, XZ+, XZ+ LUX - March 23, 2023
- Poco X5 Pro Price in Nepal, Full Specs, Availability - March 23, 2023