The Yamaha MT 15 BS6 has been formally launched in Nepal by MAW Enterprises. Interestingly, it has been the primary Yamaha bike with BS6 compliance to enter Nepal. Let’s have a look at the specification, features, availability, and price of the Yamaha MT 15 in Nepal.
MT 15 Specifications
- Engine Type: Single-Cylinder, 4-stroke, 4-Valve, SOHC
- Emission Standard: BS6
- Displacement: 155 cc
- Cooling System: Liquid Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Self-Starter Only
- Max Power:
- 18.5 PS @ 10000 rpm in BS6
- 19.3 PS @ 10000 rpm in BS4
- Max Torque:
- 13.9 Nm @ 8500 rpm in BS6
- 14.7 Nm @ 8500 rpm in BS4
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Top Speed: 118 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 10 liter
- Mileage: 45 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 100/80-17 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 140/70-R17 – Disc
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS
- Suspension Setup: Telescopic Front Forks and Rear Monoshock
- Seat Height: 810 mm
- Ground Clearance: 170 mm
- Kerb Weight: 138 kg
- Colors: Metallic Black, Dark Matte Blue, Ice Fluo Vermillion, Dark Matt Blue – Neon Green, Metallic Black – Vermillion, and Ice Fluo – Neon Green
MT 15 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Yamaha MT 15 price in Nepal is NPR 499,900 for the standard BS6 variant while the BS6 White -CYW variant costs NPR 504,900. It can be purchased from Yamaha-authorized showrooms all over Nepal.
|MT 15 BS6 Variants||Price in Nepal (2023)|
|White -CYW||NPR 504,900|
Also Read: All Yamaha Bikes Price in Nepal
MT 15’s FAQs
The price of the Yamaha MT-15 is NPR 499,900 for the standard and NPR 504,900 for the White -CYW variant.
The MT 15 comes with an engine that has 155 cc displacement.
To be honest, the Yamaha MT-15 is not a value-for-money motorbike.
The mileage of the Yamaha MT-15 is around 40-45 kmpl.
The top speed of the Yamaha MT-15 is 118kmph.
Yamaha MT 15 BS6 Overview:
Design and Build quality
The “black warrior of Japan” served as the inspiration for the brand-new “hyper naked sports” style that Yamaha MT 15 introduced. Unusually, Yamaha MT BS6 doesn’t notice any significant visual modifications. With a small projector configuration, it still has an intimidating Bi-Functional LED headlight. It has an easy-to-hold integrated handlebar, a uni-level seat, and a sleek elevated LED taillight.
MT 15 has a muscular build thanks to its spherical tank and resin that resembles armor. Radiator side fins and front winglets add even more importance to the appearance. It has upside-down front forks which allow the wheel gets ample room for free movement, which makes it easier for the bike to navigate and change directions at higher speeds, making it more agile, true to the character of MT-15.
- Also Check:
- NIU Electric Scooters Price in Nepal
Engine and Braking
The MT15 BS6 is powered by 155cc fuel injecting engine, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, 4-Valve, SOHC with BS6-compliant. The engine can generate power up to 18.5PS at 10000rpm while the torque can go up to 13.9Nm at 8500rpm. It is paired with a 6-speed gearbox with Assist and Slipper clutch (ASC).
Taking about the braking, there is a single-channel ABS (Anti-lock Braking system). The front disc/drum: is 282mm in diameter and the rare disc/drum size:220mm in diameter.
There are a few other features that we have listed below.
- Speedometer – Digital
- Tachometer – Digital
- Gear Indicator
- Fuel Warning Indicator
- Fuel Gauge
- Low Oil Indicator
- Low Battery Indicator
- Pillion Seat
- Engine Kill Switch
- Tripmeter Type – Digital
- Tripmeter Count
- Pass Light
- Side Stand Engine Cut-Off Switch
- Rear Radial Tyre
- Variable Valve Actuation (VVA)
- Single-Channel ABS
- Bi Functional LED Headlights
- Raised LED Tail Light
- Negative LCD Display with Gear Shift Indication
Also, Watch Yamaha MT-15 BS6 Review in Nepali
- MT 15 Price in Nepal (2023), Specs, Availability - June 22, 2023
- Yamaha Aerox 155 Price in Nepal, Full Specs, Availability - April 17, 2023
- NIU Electric Scooters Price in Nepal (2023 Update) - April 9, 2023